“Optimity is about two things: ambitious dedicated people and
harnessing pioneering technology. By bringing the two together,
we make technology faster, simpler and easier
for ambitious, fast-growth businesses.”
POSITION New Business Sales Exec
REPORTING TO Sales Manager
The New Business Executive will be in charge of opening new accounts and contribute to the growth of the company. To keep healthy relationships with clients, this mostly requires socialisation. From simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences, a senior new business executive must be sure to keep their customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work. You will also be required to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
DUTIES (among others)
- Identifying new sales leads
- Pitching products and/or services
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
This list is not exhaustive and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a sales environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be highly organised and deadline focused
- Be a team player
- Have customer focus
- Show tenacity
- Like to have fun!
- Previous experience working with an MSP or ISP
- Knowledge of CRM/ERPs like Oracle/Salesforce etc.
A happy you, is a more productive us. It is embedded in our strategy that you are in control of your own career. However, if required, we will provide you with clear career guidance and support your aspirations. We have a learning & development program that allows you to clearly map and maximise your potential. Our benefits package is genuinely flexible and can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
Everyone is offered access to a pension fund and then you can choose from multiple options such as Wellbeing Packages, Technology Discounts and Fun Rewards. We all enjoy a drink together on Friday afternoons and have regular social events.