This is a chance to build and shape a tech brand. The Marketing Director will be responsible for articulating the company’s strategy to prospective and existing clients in order to drive the volume of inbound sales enquiries, strengthen relations with existing clients and build awareness of the Optimity brand in our target brands.
- Develop and implement the brand and marketing strategy so that is underpins the company’s corporate strategic plan.
- Develop the marketing strategy to support the implementation of new products and services.
- Have an active involvement in the implementation of the marketing strategy including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Operation of simultaneous multiple micro marketing campaigns in order to continually test the efficacy of different strategies, and developing the marketing and campaign strategies accordingly.
- Use data analytics in order to drive marketing campaigns in specific geo localities.
- Working alongside the company’s sales team to produce the required level of inbound sales enquiries; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentation.
- Developing the marketing function within the company to produce the required volume of inbound sales enquires.
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing function.
- Work closely with vendors to define marketing materials and programs to promote specific product sets.
- Contribute towards existing product development and new product introduction in conjunction with Technical colleagues.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to radically improve social media reputation and recognition and achieve as step-change in the company’s Klout Score.
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organisation.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and market trends.
- Contribute to the overall work of the senior leadership in scaling-up the company.
- Define the KPIs for the marketing function and regularly report on the performance of the marketing function, with specific focus on ROI and the sales generated by the marketing activity; report on the financial performance of the marketing function in line with the business plan.
- Recruit additional people to the marketing function as required to meet the company’s growth aspirations and within budget parameters (currently considered to be a data analyst and a content producer, which may be subject to change based on the requirements of the appointment to this role and the marketing strategy that they produce).
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process.
- Build on the reputation of the company as a key player in London’s tech sector and its reputation in apprenticeships.
- Develop multiple channels to market e.g. website/web collateral/physical collateral/campaigns/social media etc.
- Build a map of client demand both within the footprint of our existing network and areas where we should build the network in the future; assess market demand in areas surrounding potential node buildings.
- Ensure that a clear understanding of channels to market are developed in conjunction with Sales.
- Action Oriented: Has the ability to translate strategy and vision into plans and actions
- Interworking Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work with the Sales Director and the rest of the senior leadership team whilst providing leadership and direction to direct reports
- Self-Aware Leader Actively pursues training and development opportunities for self and team; Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Ability to set culture within company values. Leads by example and has an ability to coach and develop others. Ability to lead a cohesive team.
- Sales Skills: To perform this job successfully the individual should be highly competent understanding the drives to the sales process and translate this into marketing activity.
- Financial Acumen – Has an ability to act as a senior manager contributing to the business planning process and execution of business plan in accordance within approved budgetary controls and reporting.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Communicates well and effectively in English.
- Organisational Support – Creates, develops and follows policies and procedures; Supports organisation’s goals and values; Benefits organisation through outside representation of the company; Supports and respects gender, ethnic and sexual diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for growth; Sets clear goals and objectives especially with direct reports; Develops realistic and achievable action plans whilst managing risk and resources.
- Passion/Optimism – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfil the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Capability to Delegate – proven ability in other job roles to delegate effectively to improve efficiency
- Generates the volume of incoming sales enquiries required in order to meet the company’s sales targets across its three core go-to-market strategies.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets and ROI measures.
- Meaningful, accurate and timely reporting to the senior leadership team and the COO
- Enhancement of the company’s current reputation through increased media coverage and social media content (including a Klout Score of greater than 60).
To perform this job successfully, the individual will need to have the personal skills, gravitas and credibility to contribute to an established senior leadership team. They will be motivated and measured by assisting the growth of the company.
- 10+ years’ experience as a senior manager in a business-to-business marketing environment, particularly to SMEs.
- Experience of managing growth, through highly targeted marketing activity.
- Desirable requirements
- Experience of the tech or ISP sectors
A happy you, is a more productive us. It is embedded in our strategy that you are in control of your own career. However, if required, we will provide you with clear career guidance and support your aspirations. We have a learning & development program that allows you to clearly map and maximise your potential. Our benefits package is genuinely flexible and can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
Everyone is offered access to a pension fund and then you can choose from multiple options such as Wellbeing Packages, Technology Discounts and Fun Rewards. We all enjoy a drink together on Friday afternoons and have regular social events.