POSITION Network Engineer
REPORTING TO Engineering Manager
WHY WAIT? – DREAM BIG – ACT NOW!
Join Optimity and help us pioneer the wireless alternative to fibre optic leased lines. We deliver high speed internet, consistent connectivity and excellent customer service to London’s Tech City and beyond. Optimity’s pioneering technology can be completely installed in just 24 hours making us a flexible, cost effective and instant solution in an evolving and demanding market.
At the fulcrum of London’s Tech city, Optimity nests in Zetland House, (an iconic building that was a former mint for the Bank of England). Connected by Liverpool St, Old St and Shoreditch stations we have the pleasure of some of London’s finest bars, restaurants and shopping facilities on our doorstep. Our office pulses with talent, be they chic geeks, tech heads, ale lovers and self-proclaimed hipsters! We are a handpicked, yet pleasingly eclectic blend of professionals.
As a “Future 50” employer committed to diversity and inclusion, Optimity has organically grown an award-winning talent strategy that recognises and rewards aptitude and flair over academic achievement. Optimity is an enabling employer, we have had dozens of apprentices start here and go on to become experts in their field.
If you want to take ownership of your future we will give you the freedom, support and tools to do so.
As we enter an exciting period of growth, we are happy to have an opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to lead an established team responsible for the installation, management and service of Optimity’s ISP products.
- Research industry relevant technological developments, highlighting any personal development requirements whilst encouraging the network engineering team to emulate your passion for technology.
- Assist with the growth of the team including interview process and selection.
DUTIES (among others)
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues which may require on site visits.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Support the team with onsite installations as required.
This list is not exhaustive and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- 2 years Cisco/Juniper experience.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Be highly organised and deadline focused.
- Be a team player.
- Have customer focus.
- Like to have fun!
A happy you, is a more productive us. It is embedded in our strategy that you are in control of your own career. However, if required, we will provide you with clear career guidance and support your aspirations. We have a learning & development program that allows you to clearly map and maximise your potential. Our benefits package is genuinely flexible and can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
Everyone is offered access to a pension fund and then you can choose from multiple options such as Wellbeing Packages, Technology Discounts and Fun Rewards. We all enjoy a drink together on Friday afternoons and have regular social events.
Apply to: email@example.com