As we enter an exciting period of growth, we are happy to have an opportunity for an experienced Network Planner to assist with the expert construction of our “Wibre & LDN+” network footprint in an established team responsible for the installation, management and service of Optimity’s ISP products.
- To provide Network Planning support, primarily focusing on the production of concise diagrams outlining best solution, with commercial exposure in mind
- You will be monitoring the performance of the existing network and taking remedial action in conjunction with the provisioning department
- Research industry relevant technological developments, highlighting any personal development requirements whilst encouraging the network engineering team to emulate your passion for technology
- Evaluate and recommends changes to current and future network requirements to meet the organisation’s needs
- Assist with the growth of the team including interview process and selection
- Develop, plan, and implement the overall strategic goals of our internal and client network system
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
- To oversee the constant review of network performance against targets and report on deviations requiring management intervention
- Manage the production of network evaluations conducting research to identify new opportunities
- To assist with the development of the long-term plan and planning modelling for the future scope and shape of the company
- Collaborate closely with the provisioning team to provide economic analysis and evaluate the impacts of planned schedule changes
- Conduct network assessment and evaluations of potential changes to the network configuration
- Manage ad hoc project work and presentations, providing relevant analysis and expertise as required
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues which may require on site visits
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Support the team with onsite installations as required
This list is not exhaustive and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- At least 5 years’ proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Deep understanding of networking environments (MPLS, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- 2 years Cisco, Juniper or Huawei experience
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be highly organised and deadline focused
- Be a team player
- Have customer focus
- Like to have fun!
A happy you, is a more productive us. It is embedded in our strategy that you are in control of your own career. However, if required, we will provide you with clear career guidance and support your aspirations. We have a learning & development program that allows you to clearly map and maximise your potential. Our benefits package is genuinely flexible and can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
Everyone is offered access to a pension fund and then you can choose from multiple options such as Wellbeing Packages, Technology Discounts and Fun Rewards. We all enjoy a drink together on Friday afternoons and have regular social events.