WHY WAIT? – DREAM BIG – ACT NOW!
The Specialist is responsible for providing complete technical solutions to new, existing and potential smart space customers/prospects. This role suits a commercially experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills who will contribute a high-level understanding of modern network solutions to our sales process. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process within major and special projects, the Technical Pre-Sales Specialist must be able to articulate Optimity’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users. You will provide comprehensive solutions that are professionally constructed, visually compelling and are commercially sound.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide commercially viable, bespoke technical solutions that excite and delight Optimity customers to agreed timeframes
- Create and deliver technical presentations internally and externally, communicating the FABs but also outlining challenges and any potential troubleshooting
- Develop personal technical capacity to remain at the leading edge of communications technology and futureproof our customer’s requirements
- Feed-back on issues with current products and provide input around new / alternative products
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Be a consummate ambassador for the brand exuding professionalism and enthusiasm for Optimity products
- Provide accurate and timely MI to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
This list is not exhaustive and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- Become a revenue catalyst for growth by short circuiting the lag between new opportunity and technical proposal submission
- Identify technical need and technical problem resolution
- Evolve the technical components of the smart space GTM proposition
- Drive trusted advisor status internally and externally to reduce resource pressure in sales
- Accountability for the business as usual requirements of smart space technical pre-sales
- Strong understanding of the Data, Network and Telecoms domain, with at least 5 years in sales, pre-sales, consulting or professional services function.
- In depth understanding of ISPs/MSPs and knowledge of transaction, project and contractual based operations
- Well-developed sales and technical aptitude, with a demonstrable understanding of how to support the sales process
- Ability to identify and present solutions to problems – strong problem-solving mentality
- Teamwork oriented and strategically focused on customer service and quality.
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing environment while being able to remain focused and not lose sight of strategic goals
- A high level of work independence is necessary while being able to be supportive and provide direction based on company initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication and IT fluency
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events and technological developments
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be highly organised and deadline focused
- Have customer focus
- Like to have fun!
A happy you, is a more productive us. It is embedded in our strategy that you are in control of your own career. However, if required, we will provide you with clear career guidance and support your aspirations. We have a learning & development program that allows you to clearly map and maximise your potential. Our benefits package is genuinely flexible and can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
Everyone is offered access to a pension fund and then you can choose from multiple options such as Wellbeing Packages, Technology Discounts and Fun Rewards. We all enjoy a drink together on Friday afternoons and have regular social events.
- Previous experience working with an MSP or ISP
- Technical drawing skills with competent use of software such as VISIO
- Scientific or Business Degree
- Knowledge of CRM/ERPs like Oracle/Salesforce etc.