The ideal candidate will have some experience working in Cisco & Juniper environments and be able to produce technical documentation and be experienced in monitoring & reporting of network infrastructure.
- Establishes and maintains network performance at customer sites.
- Establishes a networking environment by maintaining system configuration and executing system updates, patches and installation.
- Backup of configuration files.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- IP address auditing.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Maximises performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
- Configures ISP NTE / router and customer firewall.
- Collaborates with network architects / leads on network optimisation.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Promotes best practice and diligence within the networking team.
- Operational ‘hands & eyes’ when required at various London-based customer sites.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- CCNA-level hands-on network engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper technology.
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Some experience working with a range of network and network security platforms, Juniper or Cisco ISP & Enterprise Routing/Switching, Juniper or Cisco Security appliances.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.