You will be required to offer high-level guidance in network performance and capacity planning for large campus network environments, perform fault isolation and incident resolution on network hardware, firmware, and circuits. The ideal candidate will be experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments including typical Cisco & Juniper environments, maintain technical and tooling documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Generate customer proposals and support the sales team to successful project completion and delivery.
- Participate in designing customer networks ranging from planning to implementation and verification, whether for a brand new office or upgrading a specific point of an already existing network.
- Assist with the growth of the team including interview process and selection.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Tier 3 deep technical support and troubleshooting to resolve issues which may require onsite visits.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the customer security policies.
- Liaise with vendors and customer IT stakeholders for problem resolution.
- Support the team with onsite installations as required.
- Research industry relevant technological developments, highlighting any personal development requirements whilst encouraging the network engineering team to emulate your passion for technology.
- Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
- Perform firmware/software upgrades to all deployed security technologies on a regular basis to ensure the most appropriate level of security and functionality is maintained at all times.
- Assist in the development of current operational processes and documentation or creation if they currently don’t exist.
- Proven hands-on Juniper network engineering experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering Juniper network projects within an ISP environment.
- Certified knowledge of Juniper technology (JNCIS, JNCIP & JNCIE certified). At least 2 years of demonstrable Juniper experience is required.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model, MPLS/VPLS management and deployment.
- Good experience in and strong knowledge of a range of network and network security platforms (JNCIS/CCNP level) on Platforms including: F5 Products including LTM / GTM, Juniper or Cisco ISP & Enterprise Routing/Switching, Juniper or Cisco Security appliances.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- ITIL Foundation & PRINCE2 highly desirable.