You will be required to produce new and supplement existing high- & low-level documentation for existing large campus network environments through SME LAN network environments. You will be experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments including typical Cisco & Juniper equipment, maintaining existing documentation and asset management platforms including IT Glue, RackTables & Continuum RMM.
This position will fit a Network Engineer with admin experience who wants to focus on networking design.
- Experience with various network devices and services (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Maintain existing customer network documentation and update changes via change control procedure.
- Assist the network team in the design and supply of up to date connectivity diagrams
- Assist perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor alerts & performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Tier 3 deep technical support and troubleshooting to resolve issues which may require onsite visits.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement design & technical drawing tools alongside existing SaaS solutions eg, IT Glue
- Liaise with vendors and customer IT stakeholders to produce HLD and LLD documentation for new business proposals.
- Perform onsite audits to scope and document existing and any planned infrastructure changes.
- Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience implementing network projects within an SME / ISP / MSP environment.
- Current working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper technology (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS certified). At least 1 years of demonstrable Cisco / Juniper experience is required.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model, MPLS/VPLS management and deployment.
- Good experience in and strong knowledge of a range of network and network security platforms (JNCIS/CCNP level) on Platforms including: F5 Products including LTM / GTM, Juniper or Cisco ISP &
- Enterprise Routing/Switching, Juniper or Cisco Security appliances.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- ITIL Foundation & PRINCE2 highly desirable.