Cyber Essentials is a cyber security standard, which certifies that an organisation has measures in place to mitigate the risk from the most common cyber attacks. The scheme provides a clear statement of the basic controls all organisations should implement to mitigate the risk, which are:
- Securing the Internet connection
- Securing all devices and software
- Controlling access to your data and services
- Protecting from viruses and other malware
- Keeping devices and software up to date
Organisations that achieve this certification prove that they take cyber security seriously and assure clients and third parties that they have protection in place from the most prevalent forms of threats coming from the internet.